Who doesn’t love to play with the newest beauty products?!? Now, what if they were also vetted by a top dermatologist for your best sun protection? For our episode this week, we had the best of both –I had Dr Joseph Merola (click on the link to contact him), a dermatologist at Brigham and Women’s Hospital come on as a guest. We discussed the new FDA sunscreen labeling guidelines, how to protect yourself from skin cancer, and some of his favorite sun protection products (see the links below the video clips for where to find the products we mention).
Enjoy and Happy Summer!!!
- Use the correct sunscreen, apply generously, and reapply often
- Dont forget the potential added benefit of sun-blocking clothing (some can be bought with protection built-in like Coolibar, others can be protected with UV Protective Detergent)
- “Get your birthday suit checked on your birthday”, as the American Academy of Dermatology advises
Products mentioned in the show:
- Chemical Sunscreens (more sheer)
- Physical Sunscreens (contain zinc oxide or titanium dioxide–less sheer, but good for sensitive skin)
- Neutrogena Sunblock Lotion, Sensitive Skin, SPF 60
- Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturzier SPF 50 with Purescreen
- CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM SPF 30 (with other anti-aging products in it)
- Sunless Tanning:
- Powder Sunscreen:
- I love this product! Colorescience SPF 30 Orb (in various skin shades available)
- great for mid-day touchups on shiny skin: Peter Thomas Roth Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral Powder SPF 30