Time: SUPER-short. From fridge/raw to cooked, this takes me about 15 minutes. Time-saver tip: I buy pre-washed organic spinach so I only have to give the spinach a quick rinse. Thank you to Coastal Living for the original version of this recipe.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (pour yourself some red while you cook!)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (I buy the pre-squeezed refrigerated)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed (I purchase the jars of chopped garlic- the label states that 1/2 tbsp equals 1 clove, so save yourself the time of crushing the cloves!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large de-veined and peeled shrimp (buying peeled and de-veined is KEY for saving time)
- 1 pound sea scallops (slice them in half if they’re over 1 inch thick)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- French bread (or any other yummy bread for dipping in the sauce)
- Preheat broiler (keep oven rack approximately 6 inches from heating element)
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the spinach (set spinach aside for the moment) into the pan, tossing to coat the shrimp/tomatoes/scallops.
- Place pan in oven and broil for 3 minutes.
- Stir shrimp and scallops, and return to broil for 2 more minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and add spinach. Toss with the spinach for approximately 1-2 minutes or until spinach wilted. (You don’t need to place back in the oven – the heat from the food will cook it fairly quickly).
Serve with french bread for a full meal!