TIME: Prep for the meatballs (and forming them) takes about 10 minutes. Oven-time itself takes about 20 minutes.
**I double the recipe and freeze the extra for later meals.
- 2 cups spaghetti (or any pasta)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I like to mix half ground beef and half ground turkey)
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Sauce – I sometimes serve with just some extra olive oil, a little pesto, and parmesan, or you can add your own favorite tomato-based sauce
- Heat oven to 400 F, line 13 x 9 inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Put on water to boil (add a pinch of salt) for pasta. Make meatballs while water heating – as soon as it boils toss in pasta and bring back to a boil, then cook uncovered for 8 minutes, then drain.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, and then shape into 1 -1 1/2 inch meatballs. Place 1 inch apart in pan.
- Bake uncovered for 18-22 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.
- Top pasta with meatballs and your sauce of choice, and Saluti!