Time: 15 minutes. Time-saver tip – I purchase packaged couscous! (see below).
Couscous – Full disclosure, I made this using Near East Pearled Couscous in Basil and Herb (no they don’t sponsor me, but they make this mama’s life easier, so they get a shout-out).
Salmon and Green beans –
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 6-ounce salmon filets
- 2 cloves minced garlic (I buy Spice World Minced Garlic (no they do not sponsor me, but they save me time!) – 1/2 tsp = 1 clove)
- approximately 1 cup of balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze (while balsamic glaze dishes are DELICIOUS, I usually don’t want to take the time to make the glaze, and find that balsamic vinegar makes a great marinade). If you use a more “boutique” balsamic vinegar such as the delicious ones from Oli and Ve (no, not sponsoring me!), you can use less, and just drizzle (or soak, as I like to do) the top.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F
- Toss green beans with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake on a flat pan for 10 minutes.
- While the beans are cooking, place salmon in a small pan (just large enough to hold the salmon) (Tip: line the pan with a single sheet of aluminum foil to make clean-up super easy).
- Pour balsamic vinegar over salmon–enough to cover about the bottom half of the filets
- Spoon garlic onto salmon filets
- Once the 10 minutes for the beans have completed, put the salmon pan into the same oven, and cook beans and salmon for 12 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and beans are tender.