I made this the other day, because my garden had so many tomatoes, I didn’t know what to do with them. I did not expect it to turn out DIVINE -it really showed the difference in using fresh ingredients! Easiest salsa ever, too.
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (larger chunks are find, since it’s going in the food processor)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (larger chunks ok)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (feel free to add more to taste, once you’ve blended everything together)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (ditto, cumin)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Feel free to experiment! Throw in some fruit, corn, or anything else that you’d like – I know that I’ll be experimenting, for certain.
Throw everything in the food processor, and pulse until the consistency that you prefer.
Thank you to AllRecipes.com, where an original version (I modified it just a teeny tiny bit, for my tastes), appeared!