(Total Time: 20 minutes)
Yield: 4-6 servings
• 1 pound – French green beans, trimmed
• 2 Tbsp. – pine nuts
• 2 tsp. – minced garlic (2 cloves)
• 1 Tbsp. – grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
• 3 Tbsp. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 3 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 2/13 Tbsp. good olive oil
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and blanch 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Drain beans in colander and immediately put them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and preserve their bright green color.
2. Place pine nuts in a dry sauté pan over low heat and cook 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned. Set aside.
3. To make gremolata, toss garlic, lemon zest, parsley, Parmesan, and pine nuts together in a small bowl and set aside.
4. When ready to serve, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Drain beans and pat dry. Add beans to skillet and sauté, turning frequently, 2 minutes, until coated with olive oil and heated through. Remove from heat, add gremolata, and toss well. Sprinkle with ¾ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper to taste and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of: Oprah Magazine