(Prep 10 minutes, Cook Time: 35 minutes)
Yield: 6 Servings
*If you think popovers are too complicated, think again. They LOOK like you’re Julia Childs, with minimal effort! Think of it like a kitchen mike drop 🙂
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) – unsalted butter, melted
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups – milk
- 2 cups – all-purpose ﬂour
- 1 tsp. – salt
- Unsalted butter for serving (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 450°F. Spray the wells of a standard 6-cup popover pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour 1/2 tsp. of the melted butter into each cup.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk, then whisk in 2 Tbs. of the melted butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt, then whisk in the egg mixture. Whisk vigorously until smooth, about 2 minutes. Divide the batter among the prepared cups and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and bake for 15 minutes more. Remove from the oven and invert the pan onto a wire rack.
- Let the pan cool, then spray the wells with nonstick cooking spray, pour 1/2 tsp. of the melted butter into each one, and bake the remaining batter. Serve immediately with butter.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.