Last week, I picked up some organic broccoli from the Morningside Farmer’s Market. (Of course, you can use any broccoli, I was just INSPIRED, and no, I’m not at the farmer’s market all time, give me a break!). On days that I’m really in a pinch, I’ll even use the pre-cut and pre-washed broccoli in bags (in the salad section….hush now, don’t tell anyone….)
- Broccoli (2 large stalks)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic (or 2-3 tablespoons of the refrigerated minced garlic, which is how I usually get it)
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce (flavor to taste here)
- 1/2 cup water
- Chop broccoli into 1-2 inch pieces
- Add coconut oil and heat a stir-fry pan (or any large saucepan) on medium heat.
- Place broccoli, garlic, soy sauce and water into the pan. Stir, then cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Check veggies – once they start to look bright green and are soft enough to be stabbed with a fork, remove from heat (of course, cook more if you like them softer, but remember, the veggies will continue to cook for a bit even after the heat is off).
A perfect and quick side! (Add a sprinkle of parmesan and even your toddler will eat it).